Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Willingness To Try

This week we are completing our district-wide Digital-Age Leadership Academy II. The academy included all of our campus administrators, district directors, coaches, and librarians.  It has been a great summer of training and my co-presenter Renee Smith-Faulkner (@faulknerr) and I have grown as much as the academy team has.  We have taken a great step in supporting and empowering a group of digitally connected leaders within our school district.

I have been most impressed with the willingness of this team to try new things, to step into uncharted waters and to willingly create a platform for others to use as a resource.


My personal learning journey this week was in hosting my first tweet chat @#CISDEdChat.  It did take great courage on my part to step away from viewing what others were contributing on twitter and lead my district in a great collaborative session.  As a former coach I am guilty of wanting success the first time I try something and sometimes that keeps me from stepping out into areas I am not the expert.  As I reflect I have to pause and remember this is what learning is about, trying! So my advice to my fellow educators is to try - after all that's what being a learner is all about.  

I am encouraged and inspired by the power of the WILLINGNESS within the administrative team in CISD. We are committed to giving attention to the details and I am excited to see the returns from this commitment.  I encourage you to find us on the web at castleberryisd.net and follow us on our journey towards digital excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment